A good oral health is something that is most coveted and should be retained by everyone. After all, your smile happens to be the first thing that people notice in you and for flaunting a million dollar smile great teeth and healthy gums are a must.
Gingivitis happens to be the first stage of gum disease. If you learn the symptoms you can treat the condition right away for preventing it from causing any kind of harm to your oral health.
The common warning signs of gingivitis include the following. Just read on.
- Teeth Appear to be Longer – For many people with Gingivitis the gumline recession occurs. The recessed gums reveal more of the teeth than healthy gums do. Therefore the teeth appear longer than they did prior to the commencement of the gum disease.
- Inflammation of the Gums – The gums are swollen, red and sensitive to the touch. The gums take on these properties because the toxins released by the plaque irritates the tissues of the gum. The toxins build up on the gumline and happen to be the leading cause of gingivitis.
- Pus between the Teeth and the Gum – If a thick and yellow fluid is developed in the pocket between the tooth and the gum then it is likely that you have gum disease. The fluid or the pus may swell and be painful if the pressure builds in between the tooth and the gum. An infection in the pocket between the gum and the tooth is what contributes to the development of the pus. In this case, the infection could be a gum abscess or periodontal abscess.
- Bad Breath – The chronic foul breath happens to be a warning sign of the Gingivitis. Many researches have been conducted in this regard that opine that bad breath often happens to be a symptom of poor dental care. Foul breath can also be paired with a not so pleasant taste in the mouth.
- A Pocket between the Gum and Tooth – A pocket or area can develop between the tooth and the gum. In the mouth more than one pocket may exist. If the food particles can fall into the pocket the bacteria can grow and the gum tissue may become irritated. An infection may also develop if the gum tissue is left untreated.
Most patients suffer from one or more of the symptoms mentioned above. If you think you may have gum disease then you should visit the best dental clinic in Gurgaon. The dental professional can diagnose you in the right way.
Your dental hygienist or dentist can recommend the products for the alleviation of the condition and also provide directions about how to go about using them if gingivitis is detected. Since you are consulting the professionals you can get answers to all the queries that you have. It is for this reason that it is essential for you to see your dentist and never skip an appointment. This will ensure that you have strong teeth and healthy gums for a long time to come.